Monday, June 6, 2011

Little Tokyo

I went to Little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles today. I needed to go there to get in touch with a few of the Japanese translation agencies.

This really is "little Tokyo." There is a section of "Japan" in the middle of Los Angeles. Right next to Little Tokyo,  there is China town.

When I was little, I learned about the US at school. My teacher said this country is called "a Melting Pot," because it has people from so many different places, and they gather and create a country together. It is so true and I love it.

In Little Tokyo, I saw an European looking guy playing the traditional Japanese musical instrument, "Shamisen." What a combination! I thought it was really nice.

People are people. They are no different because of where they are from, or what language they speak. They all have people they love and care about, they want to be happy and have fun.

I love this country - the "United" States of America. :)

Good night.

4 comments:

  1. That was a great idea. It is a wonderful place. Did you like the food?

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. Of course I liked the food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Tomoko
    While I was reading this I thought it very interesting. I came from America and spent an extended amount of time in Japan(4 years).
    I thought it odd, that I had the same thoughts about Japan when I came from America that you do about America coming from Japan.
    Not so odd when you think about it in terms of we are ALL from the same spirit and view beauty in much the same way. I have all ways said That America could learn a lot from Japan and the good people that live there. I
    all so think and be leave your greater understanding of beauty and aesthetics truly shows inside and out.thank you for that.
    UPTON(e)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for such a beautiful comment. :)

    ReplyDelete