Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Miso dressing recipe

I love salad! Now, when you eat salad, the dressing you chose is one of the key point. It makes the whole thing totally different depending on what kind of dressing you use.

Great salad + bad dressing = moderate but slightly bad
OK salad + great dressing = moderate but slightly good
Great salad + great dressing = INSANELY GOOD!!! :)

I like to make my own salad dressing, as many of the commercial dressing have junk in it - high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, MSG, and so on.

I wanted to share my miso dressing recipe with you - a real Japanese style came from my Mom. :)

Miso dressing (for 2 people)

- 3 table spoons miso (I like white miso. You can use red, but I think white tastes better than red for dressing)
- 3 table spoons soy sauce
- 3 table spoons sugar (I use either agave nectar or stevia instead. If you use stevia, you need to adjust the amount, because a tiny bit of it  makes it really really sweet)
- 2 table spoons vinegar (You can use Japanese vinegar, if you can get it from the Japanese super market, but it doesn't have to be. I use apple cider vinegar)
- some water to adjust it to your taste
- sesame seed (optional)

Many people try to cut down oil/ fat nowadays. I'm not one of these people, but this dressing is naturally oil/ fat free (unless you chose to use a bit of sesame. You can also add some flax seed oil or olive oil, if you would like. I add a tea spoonful of grounded flax seed) and it tastes great! Try it and let me know how you like it. :)

Happy eating. :)
















I made a scallop salad! It was DELICIOUS!! :)


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I've never had miso dressing, but will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tomoko, sounds awesome! Where can you get good Miso in London?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew! You know, I haven't found any Japanese grocery stores in London, yet. I'll let you know just as soon as I find them. :)

    ReplyDelete