Monday, June 18, 2012

My thoughts on Father's Day

It was the Father's Day yesterday. After I sent him a short "Happy Father's Day" message, I thought something like this:

"When it comes to parents, we tend to remember all the bad things they did when we were little, like 'they scolded at me on this' or they did this or that. But the truth is, besides the fact that I wouldn't even be here without them with all the opportunities to do many great things in life, they also did so many great things for us which are easily 100 times more than those little unpleasant mistakes they made.

Like for me, my parents sent me up to college because they believed in good education, helped me when I needed, take me to nice restaurants whenever I go back to Japan, etc., but I haven't been showing my appreciation for them enough. Not fair for them.

Looking back, my dad got up early in the morning to go to work to support us every day for over 30 years. And on his day offs, he again got up early to take us to the amusement park, the zoo, and many other places to make us happy. Factually, he didn't have any day offs for over 30 years!!

And my mom cooked for us every day. She said she didn't like cooking very much, but still cooked for us every day. I loved everything she made. I never had frozen food for dinner. And she didn't let us have fast foods for lunch saying it would not be good for our health, while other kids brought them for lunch. As a kid, we liked things like that and I complained to her, but she held her position.  

They have done just so much for me and it is sometimes overwhelming. I always mean to do more for them in return, but get caught by the busyness of everyday life and haven't done enough for them. 

I can't stay with them much either - they are in Japan and I'm here in the US. But I guess there are still things I can do for them from here, or there might be even things I can do, because I'm here. But either way, I want to and need to do more for them.

Thank you so much for all you've done for me so far and for your constant support."

So, I wrote down exactly how I felt and sent another message to them. My dad wrote me back and said, "Oh wow, it was very touching. I'll save this forever and put a copy of it in a frame." Haha... funny. But I guess they understood how I feel about them. An honest communication is really nice. :)

I suggest you take care of your parents, too. :)

With love,
Tomoko

PS: If you want to give your parents a gift of health, my online store, Kenkobi Factory, has various high quality vitamins, supplements. Please visit www.KenkobiFactory.com



I was like this when I was a child - totally looked like a boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment