Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How to make great coffee - my way! :)

I admit shamelessly that I'm a coffee lover. I looove having a good cup of coffee in the morning. In fact, sometimes I go to bed at night just so that I can have my coffee the next morning! ;)

I usually have only one cup a day, though, but it has to be made VERY good and strong! :)

It seems that the dark roast is very popular nowadays - maybe since Starbucks became popular, I don't know. I like the light or the medium roast being made super strong using the French press.

So today, I wanted to share how to make good coffee, and believe me, I make GOOD coffee! :) Ready?

1. Grind some coffee beans. The amount depends on how strong you want your coffee to be. I use 4-5 scoops, but as I said, I like mine to be super strong. It may be way too strong for some "beginners," so start smaller amount and "work it up." ;)
2. Put the coffee in the French press container.
3. Boil hot water. Make sure to make more hot water than what you are going to drink. You'll know why soon at the step #6.
4. When the water is boiled (like REALLY boiled with it actually bubbling), pour it into the French press container (you only pour the amount you drink) and gently stir it.
5. Put the presser on top. You leave the "lid" at the level where the hot water is (See the photo below. Just like that). In other words, you don't press down the lid to the bottom, yet.
6. Pour the rest of the hot water into your coffee cup to warm it up. This is so that your coffee doesn't get cold by pouring it into a cold cup. This is a VERY important step, to me anyway, as I like my coffee to be served extra hot! :)
7. Wait for 4 minutes.
8. Press down the stuff (I don't know what it's called, really, but you know what I mean).
9. Pour out the hot water from your coffee cup and empty it (don't forget!), and pour your coffee.

And it is ready! :)

I like mine to be black. Once in a while, I put cinnamon. But you can put anything you would like and enjoy your coffee!

Actually, my online store has some great organic coffee beans. Check it out:

http://www.kenkobifactory.com/foods/

Have a GREAT morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment