Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Best smoothie ever!!" recipe :)

I just made the BEST smoothie ever!!

Very simple!

1. Put the following items in a blender:
- some frozen dark cherries
- some almond milk (unsweetened) or rice milk. I like rice milk better :)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoonful of unsweetened cocoa powder (optional, but is DELISH with it!!)

2. Blend them all together! :)

I use this protein powder. It is VERY good.

http://www.kenkobifactory.com/standard-vitamins-soy-protein-powder-21-oz/

Ummm... yummy!!!!

Enjoy the smoothie! :)

Tomoko

PS: My online store, Kenkobi Factory, has many more high quality vitamins and supplements on top of the protein powder I just introduced. Go visit and check it out! www.KenkobiFactory.com.


6 comments:

  1. Why the flax seed oil? Never understood Flax seed. Sounds goooood! except I'm drawing a blank on one of the ingredients.
    Friend Upton(e)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are fats that the body cannot manufacture, so they are required to take for health.

    The two primary essential fatty acids are an omega-6 fat and an omega-3 fat. The modern diet that most of us eat supplies an excessive amount of omega-6 fat, but often too little omega-3 fat. It is recommended people take 1-2 grams of omega-3 fat daily.

    You can take omega-3 fat by consuming following items:

    Faxseeds 1 tablespoon 1.7g
    Walnuts (12 walnut halves) 4 tablespoons 2g
    Soybeans (green, frozen, or raw) 1 1/2 cups 2g
    Tofu 1 1/2 cups 2g

    I recommend you take ground flaxseed, not flaxseed oil.

    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning.
    and I am doing better.
    Do you know of any REALLY BASIC books on nutrition and how to feed a body properly?
    Something like "Feeding A Body for Dummies".or the likes?
    Upton(e)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news! :)

    In my opinion, following two books are excellent basic books on nutrition. I recommend you read BOTH and adopt according to what your body needs, as everyone's body is different:

    - The 7 Principles of Fat Burning by Eric Berg, DC
    - Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.

    ** My online store, www.KenkobiFactory.com, is not in any way related to these authors or books. They are simply books I found very helpful to understand on the subject of nutrition and healthy diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you T.K
    I will keep you posted. On this!
    Ha! I feel better about food all ready!
    Upton(e)

    ReplyDelete